Saturday

Electrical begins






Today Chris started wiring the barn's bedroom and bath, and was my teacher along the way. I'm hoping to learn enough about the electrical layout and wiring mechanics to be a participant in this part of the building project. My ignorance on the subject of how we wire our homes is stunning. However, that means increasing my knowledge won't take much. Chris is a good teacher! He created little drawings of switches and outlets on the walls to help explain the basics to me and for reference as I struggle along with simple tasks. Some day a future owner will open the walls for remodeling and find these fine works of art.



Scotty and Brad work on a footing for a structural post for the barn's roof. Another major job site task today was cleaning up the recycled lumber. Brad also made several hugely strong sawhorses to handle the weight of the beams he needs to work on.

No comments: