Monday

Judy's Story

Brad went skiing today; I ran errands; Ed worked on accounting stuff; and the crew had the day off. This is what we missed by being off site:
***
So I was outside this afternoon...actually doing a little yard work. (And yes it was cold.) There was a car stopped in the lane, near your trailer, so I thought I would ask the driver my standard question...i.e., "Are you lost?". But then I saw he had a camera in his hand. So instead, I said, "Guess you aren't lost..." He was photographing the carport/guest house. Said he was wondering about the empty space at the top. So I told him a little about the building, and he said that he is an architect. As the conversation continued, he mentioned that the person he trained with taught him that "you can do anything", but that when he started working, he found that it wasn't true. Finally said that he was trained by Frank Lloyd Wright. And yes, he was the right age. While he could have been some kind of inspector, I think not. (Also, he and his wife were in a rented car.) He seemed wistful, that someone was able to design and build an unusual building. I explained about recycled materials and wished that Brad were there to take the "kudos". I'll tell him, if/when I see him. But if not, be sure to tell him that the building was admired by an architect trained by Frank Lloyd Wright.

No comments: