Tuesday

Really Cold!

Today the temperature is in the mid twenties and our Whidbey world is white with frost. The leaves of the Rhododendrons and other broad leaf shrubs are distorted with the cold. I need to paint the underside of the plywood that goes on the guest house roof. Under the overhangs it will be visible. My prospects of painting look slim. I will try to catch an hour or two of painting time during the middle of the day. Far from ideal, but...







Later: I did get the plywood painted, despite the cold, so who knows if the paint will stick or even dry. It was an interesting juggling act. I leaned the painted boards up against a ladder to dry, but the ladder tipped over after I'd finished. There I was holding five sheets of plywood, covered with wet paint, and at the same time I was trying to right the ladder. No help in sight as I struggled to manage the heavy, slippery, finger pinching mess.

No comments: